Below is basically a Big Island travel planning map.
Use it to plan your Hawaii vacation!
Be sure to play around with the map!
Here’s the quick list of things to do with 7 days on the Big Island to use along with the map!
- Day 1: Kona coast white sand beaches
- Day 2: Kona coast
- Day 3: South coast
- Day 4: Hawaii volcanoes national park area
- Day 5: Puna coast
- Day 6: Hilo area
- Day 7: North side
See more ideas for a 7 day Big Island itinerary and to plan your circle island drive around the Big Island!
The Big Island travel planning map for Hawaii
Click the little icon in the top left corner of the map to see the list of what you’ll find on this map.
This map may not work very well on this page on mobile, sorry!
In that case, have a look at this Big Island map in Google Maps.
Whether you’re on mobile or desktop, click on an icon to know what’s there! Colored icons mean that there’s a link with more information about that spot.
What’s on the Big Island tourist map?
- Things to do on the Big Island
- Things to do in Kona
- Things to do on the south coast
- Things to do in Volcanoes National Park area
- Things to do in Puna
- Things to do in Hilo area
- Black sand beaches
- Beach hikes
- Hawaii state parks
- Kekaha Kai State Park white sand beaches (Hawaii state park)
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park to see turtles
- Kailua Bay
- Hulihee Palace
- Broke da mouth grindz restaurant menu
- Da poke shack menu
- Magic Sands Beach
- Kahaluu Beach snorkeling spot
- Captain Cook Monument trail
- Parking for Captain Cook trailhead
- Kealakekua Bay snorkeling spot
- Puuhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park
- Two Step beach snorkeling
- Parking for Two Step beach
- Hookena Beach
- Honomalino Bay (beach hike)
See more: Where to stay on the south coast
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park area
- Mauna Loa Road
- Crater Rim Drive
- Kilauea Iki Trail to hike into a former lava lake
- Chain of Craters Road
- Old Chain of Craters Road to see lava-covered road
- Holei Sea Arch
See more: Driving from Kona to the national park
- Kaimu black sand beach trail
- Red Road
- Kehena clothing optional black sand beach
- Pohoiki black sand beach
- Leilani Avenue
- Lava tree state monument
See more: Things to do near Hilo
- Waipio Valley beach hike
- Pololu Valley beach hike
- Lapakahi village trail
- Lapakahi snorkeling spot
- Puukohola Heiau National Historic Site
- Hapuna Beach
- Waialea Beach snorkeling spot
And those are activity ideas for your Big Island trip itinerary!
Be sure to see the 7 day Big Island itinerary for ideas on how to spend your days on the Big Island!
Also see ideas for Oahu with the Oahu map too!
HAPPY BIG ISLAND TRAVEL PLANNING!
Top things to pack for your Hawaii vacation!
The ultimate beach towel for travel?!Turkish towels are considered to be more absorbent and lightweight than your average beach towel. Be sure to check out turkish towels like these!
Possibly among the best Big Island maps for tourists!The Franko maps of Hawaii have a high level of detail for activities and it's beachproof aka waterproof. There's an "adventure" guide map and a "snorkel/dive" guide map. Plus a wall map for home to get you excited for your upcoming trip to Kona!
The cheapo way to waterproof your phoneYou can take underwater pictures with a simple waterproof phone case like this. Touch screen may not work well underwater - try the volume button to snap the pic instead!
Get your suitcase more organized!Packing cubes can make it so you're spending less time on your vacation looking for things! They are basically a form of drawers in your suitcase. Take a look at these packing cubes.
Wear less sunscreen by wearing a UPF swim shirt!Wearing a swim shirt means less skin that's exposed to the sun which means less sunscreen you need to apply! See about wearing swim shirts with UV protection like these when you're snorkeling.
Be sure to take a look at the reviews of these amazing tours on the Big Island:
- Sailing the ocean with a sail + snorkel trip
- Kona's most popular tour: Swimming in the ocean at night with manta rays (likely to sell out)
- Star gazing at Mauna Kea volcano
- Dream Hawaii helicopter flight: Circle the Big Island to see Hawaii's volcanoes from above
- Sail the ocean in the evening on the Captain Cook historical sunset dinner cruise (likely to sell out)