If you’re doing a road trip around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, you may come across roadside waterfalls.
And Scott Falls is one of the easy access waterfalls located right off a highway that’s along a popular UP road trip route!
If you take the typical route going from Munising to Marquette, or from Marquette to Munising, you’ll be driving on the M-28 highway.
And it’s on this road in Au Train, which is between Marquette and Munising, that you can see Scott Falls from the car if you’re looking out for it as you pass it. Better for the passengers, not driver, to look for and enjoy. 😉
Because it is right along the highway, this also means that if you do stop to get out of the car, you’ll want to be careful. Cars will likely be going 60+ mph.
You can also make this a part of your Michigan waterfalls road trip.
Here's some info on Michigan vacation prep! Top Michigan vacation spots:
- Best of Michigan's national lakeshores
- Best of Tahquamenon Falls State Park
- Best of Porcupine Mountains State Park
- Michigan waterfalls road trip
- Lake Superior lighthouse road trip
- Best of hiking in Pictured Rocks
- Get a waterproof phone case if you'll be heading out on the water!
- The perfect type of shirt for swimming in Michigan
How to see Scott Falls
To know when you’re getting close, you can keep an eye on google maps with your GPS.
You might want to download offline google maps before you leave home though, as data is spotty in the UP. Offline maps will allow you do navigate even with no data. GPS will usually work.
So if you want to make it a super quick stop, you can get out of the car and take pictures from the road. There is a small pullover area for parking.
If you want to take in the waterfalls a little more, then it’s possible to get up close to the waterfalls too.
It’s also possible to walk behind the waterfalls by walking into the small cave.
There is also a trail that’s off to the side of the waterfalls to make it possible to hike up to the top of the waterfalls to see them from above too.
And that’s a bit about a short waterfall stop on the drive between Marquette and Munising!
- List of waterfalls in Pictured Rocks
- More waterfalls to see in the Upper Peninsula
- More stops to make on your drive from Munising to Marquette
HAPPY SEEING THE ROADSIDE WATERFALLS OF SCOTT FALLS!