So Manele Harbor is THE main harbor of Lanai. Basically, it’s THE Lanai ferry port.
If you are taking a ferry from Maui to Lanai, then you will arrive at Manele Harbor.
If you are taking a ferry from Lanai to Maui, then you will depart from Manele Harbor!
It’s also where you’ll likely sail in and out of if you have a Lanai boat tour, like a Trilogy Discover Lanai tour.
As it’s called, this is a “small boat” harbor.
More below if you’ll be arriving to or departing from the Lanai ferry port!
Here's some info on Hawaii trip prep!
- Maui to Lanai ferry (watch for whales during whale season!)
- Things to do in West Maui (amazing views!)
- The big list of 50+ things to do on Maui (mostly free and outdoors!)
- What to pack for Hawaii (Hawaii essentials!)
👇 Explore the Lanai map on google maps!
Here are some quick things to know if you’ll be headed to Manele Harbor!
1. If you are arriving to Manele Harbor by ferry from Maui, more than likely there will be a Lanai shuttle person waiting for the ferry arrival.
If you are looking to take the Lanai shuttle from the Manele Harbor, then you can just be on the lookout. You don’t need to make reservations for this shuttle, but you may want to call ahead of time just to confirm that the shuttle still operates in general.
Getting from the Lanai ferry port: See more about the Lanai shuttle.
2. If you are departing Manele Harbor by ferry to Maui, there’s a sheltered waiting area outdoors.
3. The Manele General Store is right at the harbor.
The Manele General Store is like a small convenience store. You can find quick eats, and there’s also frozen food and a microwave you can use at the store. There are also drinks for age 21+. The store also serves as a gift shop and souvenir shop. You can find Lanai t-shirts here, as well as Trilogy t-shirts.
If there’s a ferry in port (or will be soon), you can generally expect the Manele General Store to be open.
4. There’s a small picnic area in front of the Manele General Store.
So you can buy food at the store and have a “proper” place to sit before your ferry arrives.
5. There is a bathroom at the harbor.
Right next to the Manele General Store is the bathroom.
There is an outlet in the bathroom. So if you want to get in a quick phone charge before your ferry…?! 😜
6. There’s a water fountain to fill up your water.
You can also find drinking water just outside the bathroom.
Things to do near Manele Harbor
It’s about a 10 minute walk from Manele Harbor to Hulopoe Beach!
Hulopoe Beach being a 10 minute walk away means that there are a number of things that you can do near Manele Harbor!
Hulopoe Beach is the main beach of Lanai. Aside from the actual beach (which is also good for snorkeling), there are hiking trails on both sides of the beach.
Off to the left as you’re facing the ocean is the trail to the iconic sweetheart rock.
Off to the right is Fisherman’s Trail where you can hike with views of Lanai’s rugged coastline.
There is also the Hulopoe Beach campground.
There is only one main road leading away from Manele Harbor, and from there it is not too difficult to figure out where to go to get to Hulopoe Beach.
And that’s a bit about Manele Harbor of Lanai!
Also see more about the ferry ride from Lanai to Maui!
Plan more of your trip to Hawaii:
- The best of Lanai
- The best of Maui by car
- The best of West Maui
- The best of Lahaina without a car
- The best of Kapalua
HAPPY MANELE HARBOR BOAT RIDE!
See the list:
- Things to do on Lanai
- Maui to Lanai ferry
- Things to do on Maui (for VIEWS!)
- Things to do in Haleakala National Park
- Road to Hana stops (for views!)
There are affiliate links on this page. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from this.
Top things to pack for your Hawaii vacation!
The ultimate beach towel for travel?!Turkish towels are considered to be more absorbent and lightweight than your average beach towel. Be sure to check out turkish towels like these!
Get your suitcase more organized!Packing cubes can make it so you're spending less time on your vacation looking for things! They are basically a form of drawers in your suitcase. Take a look at these packing cubes.
The cheapo way to waterproof your phoneYou can take underwater pictures with a simple waterproof phone case like this. Touch screen may not work well underwater - try the volume button to snap the pic instead!
Wear less sunscreen by wearing a UPF swim shirt!Wearing a swim shirt means less skin that's exposed to the sun which means less sunscreen you need to apply! See about wearing swim shirts with UV protection like these when you're snorkeling.
More for your Lanai packing list
- How a cheapo waterproof phone case works
- Why wear water shoes for the beach
- Why a personal swim buoy is an essential for snorkeling and swimming in the ocean
- Essentials to pack for Hawaii
- Best shoes for Hawaii